From:
Dick Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Dec 1997 23:23:47 -0500
Karl wrote:

> As long as I'm composing, does anyone have any suggestions for
> alternatives to Nyquil?  I bought a bottle before discovering that
> indeed the main ingredient is High Fructose Corn Syrup Death
> Liquid.  Amazingly, I found a Contradiction that does help: salt.
> Salt is actually quite soothing for a sore throat.  Don't ask me
> how it can make a person less thirsty, but it does.

gack.

If my object is somewhat improved sleep I drop 3mg melatonin within
an hour of crashing.

If my object is relieving a sore throat I suck on a Fisherman's
Friend (tm) thing.  Or some mouth dissolving Zn-vitC tab.  And
despite the disgusting tv ads Ricola (tm) kinda works.

Dick
http://smith.syr.edu/~ddawson
SU Rifle Club: http://smith.syr.edu/~ddawson/surifleclub.html