From:
Madeline Mason <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 07:48:42 EST
In a message dated 3/25/01 3:46:54 PM,siobhan <[log in to unmask]> writes:

<< I'm also wondering who decided that aging people need their lives
improved? >>

Just look at the pitiful masses of people rotting away in our nation's
nursing homes, and tell me there aren't older people who need their lives
improved. Few elderly folks in this country have the intellectual access to
the knowledge that we on this list are priveleged to. We hope that we, as a
result of the practice of our chosen lifestyle, may avoid some of the horrid
ravages of old age, but if somehow we, or our loved ones do wind up in a
nursing home, is there anyone among us who would not want such suffering
alleviated by any means possible, whether it be allopathic or not? I used to
be a social worker in a nursing home. I also have 2 very dear friends who
spent over a year each in a nursing home- in their late 40's. We do our best,
but even we Paleo people do not have 100% control over our lives.

Maddy Mason
Hudson Valley, NY