From:
Hilary McClure <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 08:11:02 -0400
Kathleen Lunson wrote:

> the paleo objection to coffee is that it comes from beans, none of which are paleo (to the purist) and which are not processable without fire.

Coffee is referred to as a "bean", but it is not actually a legume, as
far as I know. It's the seed of a berry that grows on a tree.

> Black tea, is however to be avoided, as is all dried and fernmented foods if you are treating candida.

And black tea, though commonly referred to as "fermented", is not
actually fermented. What turns green tea into black tea is action of
enzymes that are already in the leaf, and oxygen, but it's not
biological activity from yeasts or other microbes.

I'm not saying that either of these foods are paleo or that they are
healthy, just that they aren't either legumes or fermented.

Hilary McClure
Danville, VT