From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 03:20:05 -0500
On Tue, 5 Mar 2002 20:42:10 -1000, Erik Hill <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I believe my food allergies are getting worse but it's hard to tell as
>it would be quite gradual.  However, I can eat so few foods that losing
>even one is a complete disaster.

Sorry to hear about your severe allergy.
I'm shure you have tried a lot up to now.

I'd like to tell you what came to my mind, reading the above:
One promising approach to allergies is a rotational diet.
Means to try to leave gaps as long as possible between consuming foods of
one food group, and between  eating them again.
4 days would be ideal.
that's difficult, even if you can choose of the full palette of foods.
If beef for example is one of your choices it would mean to stop 3 days
eating meat after you have eaten it once (And switch to sheep or goat or
whatever in between).

Now, I have the impression that you may have the feeling of a scarcity of
food you are able to eat. And therefore try to eat everyday what *is*
possible.
This leaves no time for such gaps.

I think it would be important to make yourself free from the scarcity
thought. And with confidence leave such gaps. Even for fasting days!
Ayurveda suggests one day of liquid-fasting per week with allergies.

The next day you can equal out it again.
By feasting on food items you tolerate.

Just a thought that came to my mind.

regards and best whishes

Amadeus