From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Jul 1998 08:21:28 -0400
On Sat, 11 Jul 1998 14:05:53 -0400, Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
il its complete failure.

>The question is *which* proteins will be recognized as foreign.
>This surely varies from person to person; it may also vary with
>blood types and ethnic inheritance.  Some people will not
>tolerate certain "paleo" foods, such as strawberries, even though
>there is no evolutionary reason why they shouldn't.  Some people
>*will* tolerate certain nonpaleo foods very well.  For reasons
>not well understood their bodies have adapted to them.

Hm that reminds me of the fact, that all modern consumed Strawberries
(even if grown organically without fungicids and other chemicals)
de
scend from the _american_ kind of strawberry.
Well, America is populated since about 40k years only and thats a pretty
short time of accomodation, if Ray Audette is right with his assumptions
about accomodation time.
More that this, most of the readers of this newsgroup will probably not
descent from native americans, but from some european, old-world root.

Which means that there can be almost no adaption to all the america-
originating food items.
Americas plants developed for millions of years in a rather closed envorinment,
seperated from humanity.
And this problem extends to very many food items consumed bulk today,
which are original american:
- potatoes
- tomatoes
- paprica
- maize
- many berries
- many kinds of beans
.............are alien??..............

Similar thing is with todays wheat: it is genetically very different from
the selections, let say the romans used
.
Different from wild grains, which were consumed
ever since gatherer/hunter times. Spelt is an old kind of wheat and produces less
allergy even though it has  much gluten in it.
Not enough adaption time....

Maybe we all should try to stick with old world originating
food items - at least if we are not descending from native americans.

cheers

Amadeus