From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Aug 1999 22:49:37 -0700
. I have little
>knowledge on the subject and would appreciate some
>advice as to how raw meat eaters acquire safe meat.
>Anyone can answer me privately if you don't mind.
>Unless it's info we can all benefit from.

i just come from an " earth feast " about sustainable living and some one
was saying that we should buy from farmers that we can call by their 1st
name . I did'nt know that it is what i am doing for some years. I know
personslly my suppliers, i visit them.  ask them to strech their habits so i
can get the quality that i want .Even when they are my friends it is not
easy to convince them to not use the handfull of grain that they give to
their animals, or to change their brandname of salt block... But i have some
influence despite that the market laws decide  most of what is actually
practiced.
Not applicable everywhere but almost. And a visit in a small farm might be a
pleasant way to spend one sunday, for city folks.
The other thing is that i buy uncut half or quarter animal so to minimize
degradation of the meat , more you expose cells to oxydation more risk of
infection.
jean-claude