From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Jun 2005 11:36:30 -0700
On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 12:49:59 -0500, Jim Swayze <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>25 oz of protein equals about 625 grams.  (There are about 25 grams per ounce)

I think Kristina means 25 oz of meat.    Meat has 7 grams of protein per ounce,
which is 175 grams of protein.

If you go back through the archives to the discussions on daily protein
requirements, you will see that there is no established knowledge on what is
optimal and what is excessive.

I'm sure that my own protein consumption is what Rosedale would find excessive,
and I continue to lose weight.

And, if you go to the Atkins site, I'm sure you will find documentation
debunking the "excess protein hurts the kidneys" scare.

--
Cheers,

Ken