From:
Hans Kylberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jan 1998 19:27:27 +0100
At 11:51 1998-01-18 -1000, Kirt wrote:

>Meal worms
8<
>though I sure do wonder
>if that wouldn't be a use for cheap grains: turn them into high-quality
>protien and fat by "raising" some meal worms...;)
 I have also been thinking about that for some time. Maybee it would end
tha discussion about the energy loss of eating animals instead of veggies
directly (wich of course is possible only fo beleiving vegetarians).
What did mealworms eat before agriculture? Grass seeds??
The USDA database says nothing about mealworms I guess.
In a swedish TV-program some 15 years ago there was a dicussion with
scientists about wat paleolitic people in sweden ate. One of them had
brought a plate with mealworms, ate some of them, and then offered the
other scientists to eat put they just passed the plate on.
I wonder how they taste...

- Hans