From:
Grant Magnuson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Dec 1997 10:32:42 -0800
I only like pemmican made with lots of dried fruits which just doesn't
work to well for my Diabetes control.

BUT, my wife has been experimenting with different cuts, thicknesses and
ratios of dried beef to suet.

She loves pemmican any which way.

One of the last batches had such a high amount of suet that it leveled
to about an 1/8 inch thick on a cookie sheet -- white on top when set,
and but you could see the fibres of meat on the bottom -- she loved it,
but not me.

The batch she just finished yesterday, has a little less suet, but still
flowed out onto a cookie sheet setting last night at a 1/4 inch thick
(she scored it like a chocolate bar) -- not bad, not bad at all.

The beef was a round, cut paper thin by our butcher's new exotic thin
slicer machine.  It dried to an easy blender whiz in less than 4 hours
in our econo model dehydrator which really was very short.

So for those still attempting to aquire the pemmican taste without the
"additives" of cherries et al., then increasing the amount of suet might
be a helpful hint.

Grant

--
STONE and SPEAR email Support Groups
ATKINS-NEW * LOWCARB-LIST * LC-DIABETES * PALEOFOOD