From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 19:51:14 -0700
"Dorsey, Betty A." wrote:

> During the last few weeks I've eliminated beef from my diet, all milk
> products,  and some of the wheat products I've been eating, all of which
> seem to help.  The abdominal pain has stopped entirely, some of the gas
> continues.

You might try eliminating every bit of wheat, and also rye, oats, and barley.
These are the gluten-containing grains.  I'm speaking from my own experience
with gluten intolerance.  It can give you gas and lots of other intestinal
problems if you have this condition.

Then, after a couple of weeks off dairy and these grains, try a little buffalo
or venison.  Maybe it will work, maybe not.  (I suggest these meats because they
are not fattened with grain.)

> So I don't see how the paleolithic diet would or could work for me.  Too
> much meat doesn't seem to agree with my digestive system.  In reading other
> books, specifically about eating to one's blood type, my symptoms are
> typical of an A+ blood type, which apparently should be eating more
> vegetarian; whereas my husband, who is B+, does just fine on & prefers the
> meatier diet!

There is no reason why you couldn't eat paleo with poultry and fish, if you
can't tolerate beef or other red meat.  Of course, tofu is not paleo, nor any
beans.
But do try the gluten test, just for a week or two, really religiously (no
crackers, no flour-thickened gravy, no oatmeal, you get the picture).

Lynnet