From:
Hans Kylberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 1999 23:06:02 +0200
At 09:08 1999-09-06 -0400, Don wrote:
>There's one thing that's intrigued me for years.  Why is
>man the only animal that doesn't instinctively know what
>foods to eat in order to stay healthy?  Any ideas why that
>is?

First: Humans are the most cultural dependent species, so we learn
more and use fixed intuitive knowledge less (less ROM more RAM).

Second: There is good reason to believe that our consciousness as
described by Julian Jaynes is something that H/G's do not have,
and this takes us even farther away from our intuition.
(This belongs to what is discussed on the "cousin" list the
"Liedloff Continuum Network").
How this can happen, see: http://www.algonet.se/~hans-k/eMKochE.html

- Hans