From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Dec 2002 00:08:36 EST
Although I believe that saturated fats are perfectly healthy and even
preferable in some ways to even Omega 3 because of its stability, the recent
posts about how well salmon oil has worked for several people on this list
who had been experiencing inflammatory type conditions has me curious about
something.  If someone has an inflammatory condition and wants to take extra
Omega 3 whether by supplements or simply by eating more oily fish, do the
other fats that person consumes ie saturated and monosaturated "compete" with
the Omega 3 and render it less effective.  In other words, if someone is
trying to achieve a therapeutic response from Omega 3, is it adviseable to
temporarily minimize other fat sources?