Date:
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 19:07:20 -0400
Liz posted this:
>>I am sure that he'd not only eat the roots, but also the leaves, flowers, bark
>> and anything else remotely edible. Evidence indicates that a hunter-gatherers
ate 200+ plants foods. Flowers were a big favorite! Plant foods were of
course limited by seasonal availability, not by man's aversion or distaste
of them.

My reply:
I agree with you to a point. It is possible to have very long seasons and an
abundance of fresh, locally grown plants in the diet in a tropical or
sub-tropical/mediterranean climate. So many people assume that paleo man
lived in upper Northern climates; however, before modern man sequestered the
prime real estate (ocean front property and lush, vegetative areas), many
early groups could have inhabited such climates and eaten a diet that was
rich in vegetables and fruits all year round.

Rachel Matesz,
The Healthy Cooking Coach