From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Feb 2006 07:08:41 -0700
Jose Carlos wrote:

>Maybe we have so many problems with foods because in the first place those
>foods are in most cases produced by man (agriculture) and not gathered or
>hunted. We are no longer eating the same items as the genuine paleo
>people. Well, surely we are all aware of this limitation. Secondly, we
>lead very different lifestyles. We are no longer immersed in nature. We
>don't live in caves and are hardly exposed to the weather, but rather to
>electromagnetism. We probably sleep less and "less well" (sorry if this is
>bad English).

It is excellent English, like the rest of your post.  And you are
exactly correct also, for most of us..

>We are more stressed. Briefly, we have forced our systems to
>function in different ways and thereby we may have lost our power to
>handle foods.
>
>In modesty, perhaps we should acknowledge that we don't actually eat
>paleo, but paleoish.
>
>Thanks,
>
>JC
>
>PS. In my previous post, I think I made a wrong sentence re: ham etc. It
>should read: "These hardly can be called paleo, let alone food."

Actually the first order was closer to the mark: "These hardly can be
called food, let alone paleo."
(The most general term has the first place in this statement, in general.)
You don't need to apologize for your English.  Many native speakers
don't speak as well.

    Lynnet