From:
"John C. Pavao" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Dec 1997 08:03:36 -0500
I'm not familiar with Chinese medicine.  Can you explain what you mean?  I
don't understand what "cool", "warm", and "hot" mean in reference to types
of foods.

Also, I'm not sure what you're getting at about casein peptides.  What's
that all about?  By the way, I watched my wife make Martha Stewart's
favorite oatmeal cookie recipe last night (chocolate, dried cherries and
toffee chunks) and didn't cheat at all.  I'd really like to try one, but I
simply will not eat gluten.  Too painful.

(Apologies for the full quote Grant, but I don't know how anyone would know
what I was talking about without it.)

Thanks,
John Pavao

----------
John,

I have the same problem weightwise.  I only eat when I'm hungry, but I
always eat when I'm hungry.  I don't deal with the hunger too well!
I've been looking into tweaking up my digestive fire (with Ayurveda and
Chinese medicine).  I don't know exactly how to do it yet. I've been
studying the thermal properties of foods.  Meat is "warming" except lamb
which is "hot".  Most fruits and veggies are cooling.

Your mention of ice cream and chocolate reminded me of casein peptides.
Chocolate supposedly has casein in it (maybe from the milk, don't know
about the chocolate itself). I've been trying to research out these
dietary proteins that are not completely broken down.  I wonder if that
happens with meat too?  Good luck with the weight (and me too)!  Mary J.