From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 2008 20:59:06 +0000
On 17 Mar 2008, at 03:22, steve wrote:

> While one must keep in mind that mercola always has something sell,
> I found his bit sufficiently interesting to start doing some
> research.  Right now I'm inclined to start converting all the
> families cookware to this cast iron enamel cookware or glass.

I'm pretty sold on the idea that teflon=evil, aluminum=evil, stainless
steel=maybe not a good idea.  Enamel cookware seems a relatively safe
bet.

What about carbon steel?  Traditional chinese woks are carbon steel,
not stainless steel.  You have to season them with oil to give them a
protective coating.  I guess they still release iron, but do they have
the other metals Mercola warns are present as stainless steel alloys?

Ashley