From:
Philip Thrift <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Jun 2002 07:04:49 -0500
There seems to be a lot of banter about "tubers, paleo, not paleo".
But I look at it in terms of the whole group of root plants, and
what roots could be like what paleopeople might have eaten, and
forget the use of the term "tuber".
Look at lists of what are cultivated today under the group
of "root crops", eg.

   http://www.ext.colostate.edu/pubs/garden/07604.html

and you will see that more than half we agree to be Paleo-OK (consistent
with Cordain). Edible raw has nothing to do I think with making
a decision to make some (like potato) on the Paleo-NOT-OK list.

Philip Thrift
http:/www.geocities.com/paleofitness