From:
Hilary McClure <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 19:34:11 -0400
Alex Shvartsman wrote:

> I've finished the Paleo Diet by Cordain and almost done with Neanderthin by
> Audette.
> These books seem to form the basis of the ways of eating for those of us on
> this list.
> Both authors advocate eating lean meats. Limiting Saturated fats, increasing
> monounsaturated fats and balancing Omega 6 and Omega 3 fats in a 2:1 or 1:1
> ratios.  But many on the list advocate eating fatty meats and oils (palm and
> coconut and butter) high in saturated fats as well as using lard for cooking.
>  I just do not get it.

Try also reading "Protein Power Lifeplan", by Michael Eades and Mary Dan
Eades, which is another major paleolithic diet book that gets a lot of
respect from many on this list. Some people feel Cordain's view of
saturated fat is too influenced by "politically correct" but
scientifically not well supported points of view. You might find some
debate on this in the archives.