From:
"Paula H." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Apr 2007 13:28:25 -0400
Dear List Mates,

My mother is living with me now recuperating from surgery for lung cancer.
Yes, she smoked for 60 years.

She had 2/3 of her right lung removed, and then she contracted MRSA
pneumonia.  She almost died.  She had a second surgery to remove the
accumulated pus from the MRSA plus an abscess that had developed in her
pleura.  Now she has been diagnosed with emphysema.  In 2003 she had triple
by-pass surgery.  She is an excellent example of how to ruin your health -
eat SAD, smoke, no exercise, etc.

She cannot drive yet so I am making the rounds of doctors with her - enough
to scare anyone away from the Standard American Medical Industry.

Yesterday, at our first appointment with her new cardiologist I was not able
to keep my mouth shut ( I try not to antagonize my mother's doctors).  The
cardiologist was going on and on about how it is impossible to have TC that
is too low and that there are absolutely no studies showing that very low TC
is harmful.  That is when I spoke up and mentioned that low TC was
associated with cancer, liver disease, mental illness.

He asked me for my documentation.  I would like to bring some with me at her
next visit.  My web searches have not been very successful.  I do have the
wonderful graph from Protein Power showing Causes From All Deaths vs Blood
Cholesterol.

Does anyone have anything they can share with me on this so that I can share
it with Mr. Snooty Cardiologist?

You can e-mail me privately if you would like at [log in to unmask]

I will certainly keep eating paleo in order to avoid this form of "medicine"
in my future!

Paula H.