From:
Bob Hodgen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 09:59:31 -0500
On Wed, 18 Jul 2001 06:30:09 -0400, Marilyn Harris <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:>
>Hi;
>
>What actually is the paleo diet?

Hi Marilyn:

The Paleolithic (old stone age) Diet is an attempt to return to the way our
ancestors ate before the advent of agriculture.  The reasion for this is
that in, evolutionary terms, our bodies have not had time to adapt to the
new agricultural foods.  These foods have only been around for ten thousand
years or less.

Foods like wheat, corn, and rice are not edible raw and require processing,
they were not eaten by our ancient ancestors.  These foods are behind many
modern health problems like obesity, arthritis, diabetes, heart disease.

Most of us on the diet have had wonderful dramatic improvements in their
health.  I'm sure you could get many testimonials from others on the list.

This diet works, it has changed my life.

The best source of information is the book "Neanderthin", by Ray Audette.
www.neanderthin.com.

Bob