From:
Trish Tipton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 16:53:45 -0700
Hi all,I had my body fat measured yesterday at a health fair.  How
accurate are those things anyway?  They took my weight, height, body
frame,gender, age, exercise frequency, intensity and duration, then
put
this black disc thing on my bicep, after fingering it a bit, I guess
separate muscle from fat????  while holding my arm at a 90* angel.
Then
this small printer printed out my results.  Said I was fair at 29.7%
fat,
was low on body water content which was at 58%.  said it should be at
70%
 and my lean body mass was 127 and body fat in pounds was 43.  She
said I
need to be at around 25%.  any takes on this?