From:
Bill Wilcox <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jan 2009 13:58:23 -0500
Why keep track of such things.  It's not paleo.  Beside every 'body' has
different requirements.  If you are trying to lose weight, eat as little
carbs as possible.  Just follow the basic guidelines. If you can pick it,
dig it up, or kill it, you can eat it.  If you want steak, eat steak.  same
thing for eggs, apples, etc.  There is no point in trying to keep track of
percentages that you eat.  If your body needs it, you will want to eat it.
Just stay away from the big three, potatoes, corn, and wheat.

   Just my $.02.
      Bill

On Fri, 2 Jan 2009 21:20:14 -0800, Andrea Hughett <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Those of you who actually keep track of such things, what proportions or
absolute amounts of fat, protein and carbohydrates do you eat? What do you
think, in particular, of the various recommendations for protein?  According
to Protein Power, I should be eating 120g/day. Rosedale works out to 110.
The Zone,on the other hand, allows me 55g. Even the infamous Pyramid comes
out to anywhere from 66-98g.

>The biggest difference, I think, is between calculations based on total
weight and those on lean body mass only. Which makes more sense? And how
valid are the studies on which they are based?

>I realize that true Paleolithic eating doesn't worry about such things, but
after a lifetime of refined Neolithic diet my body is totally whacked and
needs some guidance.