From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 17:46:44 +0100
Wally Day wrote:

>Can anyone
>suggest a decent substitute? I've tried various teas,...

>P.S. - I know someone is going to bring up the caffein
>addiction angle, but that's not it. There are plenty
>of caffein loaded teas out there, but none of them
>have the "feel" of a good cup of coffee.

I've a suggestion - based on my vitamin-craving idea.

Well - one gets very easily addicted to coffeine
- but you could (and probably did)
try to substitute it with (green leave?) tea.
To avoid this i think you'll still ve to try green tea or
mate or something with coffeine for the first time.

The coffee taste.. from the roasting of course is
unreached - but in comes from roasted protein.
A former coffee substitute was roasted barley (alas for you).

But.. coffee actually has a vitamin in it. One that isn't easy
to get from other sources and it has so much that
3 or 4 cups may satisfy your day's needs.
So, maybe the vitamin maybe what you're actually missing....

Coffee contains a substance - trigonell - in magnitudes
like caffeine. By the roasting process it changes into
the vitamin. To be true - i don't recall which vitamin it was
biotin or niacin but i can look it up at home if you want.

So, you might find good suppliers of that specific
vitamin, choose food items that provide it, eat the RDA of it,
drink (decreasingly) green tea, and see if you can leave coffe
out then.

regards
Amadeus
I like Coffee too, am considering abolishing it
but haven't tried yet..... in the last years...

--
Sent through Global Message Exchange - http://www.gmx.net