From:
Ben Balzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Oct 2000 14:19:05 +1000
Hi,
somebody once posted that they'd read in Weston Price's classic book
Nutrition and Physical Degeneration (1939)
http://www.price-pottenger.org/home.html that Price had found the
Pacific
Islanders could see the moons of Jupiter with the naked eye. I can't
find
any reference to this. I did find he mentioned that an ancient cave
painting
of the constellation Pleiades had been found that included 4 stars
that are
regarded today as only visible with a telescope, and that astronomers
had
calculated they weren't any brighter in the Neanderthal days.

Can anyone confirm or deny it the comment about Pacific Islanders??

(I used eyesight vision as the topic to make it easier to find in the
archives later.)

Ben Balzer