From:
Mark Labbee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 11:37:13 -0500
Todd, I didn't realize you grew up in RI. I'm originally from Western
Massachusetts but have been in RI for 12 years. It is interesting to find
out that we actually have an eastern wing of Paleodieters. The western wing
have surely made themselves known. I live about 5 miles from Galilee which
is one of the busiest fishing ports on the east coast. It is amazing how
much better fish tastes when it bought fressh off the boats. The thread
discussing efa's has been interesting. I have early stage anklyosing
spondylitis in my neck and I can tell you from experience that eating bacon
or beef does not increase the inflammatory activity at all but eating foods
high in omega 6 fats does increase inflammatory activity significantly. A
great little book for counting carbs and types of fat grams along with omega
3 and 6 ratios is the Protein Power Lifeplan gram counter.

Mark in Narragansett, RI

On Wed, 7 Feb 2001, Marisa Berntson wrote:

> I'm reading through it, if only for the mental exercise of
> poking holes in arguements (or trying to). If anyone wants specifics on
what
> she says on any topic, I'll be glad to see what's in there.

Does she have anything interesting to say about saturated fats,
or does she just say that they are evil?

> Marisa in Providence, RI (Hi Todd)

Ah, another paleodieter from my homeland.  And Mark Labbee is in
Narragansett, not far from where my sister lives in Jamestown.  I
actually grew up in Cranston, but lived in Providence (Elmwood)
for years too.

Is there a way to make paleo clam cakes?  I guess not. But snail
salads drenched in olive oil used to be very popular.

Todd Moody