Date:
Wed, 3 Apr 2013 17:07:56 -0400
Thank you to everyone who responded to my questions with all the great suggestions.

Day 3 and so far so good. I had plans for lunch out today and I was a little nervous. I made my own mayo last night. I knew there was sugar in the commercial brands but I guess I didn't realize how much! The homemade paleo recipe is quite tart. For salad dressing I mixed the mayo with paleo-friendly salsa - that helped to sweeten the taste slightly. I ordered a chopped Cobb salad, hold the blue cheese and the ranch dressing. Now that I'm thinking about it, I neglected to say hold the bacon because I've had the uncured kind at home so I forgot about the contents of regular bacon. Seems like no harm done - its a journey not a destination, right?

There's a Farmers market from May to October nearby. That's where I first bought "farm fresh" food from Snoep's Farm in Branchburg, NJ. I see they have a website selling grass-fed meats. I'm looking forward doing business with them soon. I don't know that I can afford all grass fed meats, but I will try to eat it at home at least.

Last thing: I made a grass fed tri tip in my crock pot yesterday. I really blew it. Inedible. The veggies and liquid might be OK. However, my two Dachshunds have a differing opinion. They think the meat, veggies and soup added to their non paleo kibble made life worth living today. I think they'd like to be all paleo.

Elle