From:
JoAnn Betten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 20:07:42 -0500
i just want to ask a question.  here's the situation.  i've been paleo for
almost 4 years now.  in December, i became horrifically depressed, and in an
effort to get myself out of it (without any pharmaceutical intervention) i
took up weight lifting, as i had heard that exercise is one of the best ways
to cure depression.

anyways, i have been weight lifting every other day since then, a split
routine, upper/lower, takes me about 30-45 minutes.  plus i try to walk
every day (i've always done this), which varies between 2-6 miles a day,
weather permitting (i live in Pennsylvania--weather doesn't always permit).

the problem (?) is this:  i seem to have a layer of, well, fat, under my
skin.  on my upper arms, on my legs, on my belly.  i don't think i'm
overweight, i'm 5'9" and weigh 136 pounds.

here's what i ate yesterday (a typical day):
breakfast--two eggs over easy and a hamburger
lunch--vegetable soup (homemade, only paleo veggies, no beans, no potatoes)
supper--ribeye steak, salad (no dressing)
snack--apple and some walnuts (i usually only have nuts 1-2x/week)

how can i get rid of this fat layer?
more cardio?  more weights?  less fat in the diet?

any suggestions appreciated.

thanks,

JoAnn.