From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 10:27:05 -0700
On Tue, 3 Sep 2002 12:33:42 EDT, Frances Salorio <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>In a message dated 9/3/02 9:41:31 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:
>
><< It is well known (though I don't have a
>reference) that first born children tend to be more intelligent, have better
>development, etc., than second and third born.  If a mother has many
>children, the development of later children suffers most. I have seen this
>through my own observation. >>

This thread seems somewhat OT, but I wanted to state that my overall
observation is just the opposite.

Intelligence usually arises from the challenge of adverse conditions, such as
the adversity of the lesser attention that is usually given to second and third
born children.

First born children are more personable and outgoing, but generally lack the
investigative curiosity and the problem solving skills of later born children.

--
Cheers,

Ken