From:
Barbara Sheppard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 2004 15:38:57 +1030
Dear K.,

I'm a bit behind with my reading. A few weeks ago you asked:

>Is Neanderthin available in German? I would like to get it for my Mom (she
>has RA) but doubt she would understand it in English.

While quite different in format and content from Neanderthin, there is a
German book that promotes a similar diet, based on evolutionary principles.
It's called 'Leben ohne Brot', by Wolfgang Lutz (published by Informed).

Unfortunately, it doesn't have an index, so I haven't been able to
determine whether it mentions RA at all, but it certainly goes through a
whole host of health conditions and their relationship to diet.

It's more of a low carbohydrate book, while Neanderthin focuses on the
'foreign proteins leading to autoimmune conditions' idea, but if your
mother has an open mind, she may agree to read it and get some benefit from
it, even if it doesn't appear to relate directly to her particular condition.

Regards,
Barbara