From:
Louise Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 17:52:52 -0500
Well, I would love to report that after a week of eating meat only
some
miracle occurred. However, I weighed myself today and I lost a very
unimpressive 2 pounds.

Granted, one week is not a very long testing period, but as it was, it
is
all I was going to humanly manage. I was, as Dori so eloquently
predicted,
going "batsh*t" from boredom. Last night, at dinner (the seventh and
last
night)  I launched into Anchell's diet by eating all my DH and my DD
steak
fries at a restaraunt. This was after eating 12 oz. of very good prime
rib.
I felt like a stuffed pig afterward. My throat was irritated this
morning.

Now the plan is supposed to be to embark on the Anchell Steak Lovers
Diet.
The idea of rice and potatoes still bothers me though. Anchell allows
"normal" portion".  What is that? My problem with non-Paleo carbs is
that
when I start eating them I can't stop ( hypoglycemic carb addiction).
Hmmm,
so how does that bode for my foray into AncheLand?

I had planned to do it Paleo style, but I just think I am just not
going to
go the distance with it. I hoped it would make me feel grateful and
opulent
to only add grapes, raspberries, blueberries, grapefruit (which I
don't
even like) and bananas to my diet. Instead I think I have become a
crazed
maniac. The addition of fruit is just not going to do it. I must say,
miss vegetables.

Perhaps I should opt for a low-carb Paleo instead. It is my preferred
WOE.
It makes a lot more sense to me than Anchell, but it has not helped me
in
the past to lose that last 40 lbs.  I am in ketosis now (even after my
potato debacle) but it took the entire week to get me there.

Todd, what thinks you? You are the resident victor on this front. Are
you
still on it or have you reverted to Paleo again (ie. given up potatoes
and
rice?)

Any advice out there? Anyone?

Paleo thanks in advance,