From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2011 12:54:26 -0500
Dr. Ronald Hoffman of NYC interviewed Art Devany last night on Hoffman's radio show, Health Talk.  The podcast is available free here:

http://www.wor710.com/pages/44283.php?

It was an interesting interview. He described his diet as moderate in fat -- 50% of the animal products coming from seafood and the rest from preferably wild sources like bison, boar etc.   He said his diet was lower in fat than other purportedly paleo style diets.  He said the problem with very low carb very high fat diets is that cortisol is needed to mobilize the fat. Is this accurate?  He also stood during the interview because he said fat cannot be mobilized if one sits.
Doesn't ketosis mobilize fat regardless if one is sitting, standing, active or still?  Am I misunderstanding something?  I'm interested in other people's thoughts after they hear the podcast.  Art was just getting into some interesting aspects of his paleo lifestyle approach but the time ran out.  He seems to focus on an entire lifestyle and not just diet.

Art is also  going to be at a book signing in NYC next week.