From:
"Harper, Laura" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 16:24:31 -0400
Cave Chick,
I had a similar experience. My overall bloodwork, according to my
doctor,
was cause for concern because total cholesteral was 300.  But the
breakdown
was:
HDL: 99 (up about 50 points)

LDL: 200 (up about 50 points)

Trig: 29 (down about 40 points)

The doctor would only focus on the LDL number. My doctor also
suggested
(almost demanded) that I begin a high carb diet which I will not do.
I feel
"alive" for the first time in a long time.

You'll probably feel better if you check the archives for Tod Moody's
reply.
It is very informative.

I also live in NYC but am unaware of any paleo-friendly doctor.

I hope this helps.

Laura