From:
David Karas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 16:05:35 -0700
b2black wrote:

> David Karas wrote:
>

> Mr. Karas:
>
> In regard to Dr. Bernarr I think you should know he sent me
> unsolicited junk mail to my private address. This occurred within
> days of signing on to this list. I ignored the message but received a
> duplicate several weeks later through this list. Am I to assume you
> have released my private email address to this gentlemn? He may be a
> friend of yours but his private message are not welcome in my
> mailbox. I grew up in the S.F. Bay Area and quacks like him are a
> dime a dozen out there. Here in Maine you have to look a little
> harder to find flakes like that. I came on to this list to try and
> find RELIABLE information about Paleolithic eating
> from SANE intelligent persons.

I would never release any list member's private e-mail address but as
it says in the welcome message that whenever you post to the list your
e-mail becomes public to anyone who reads the list. Becaus of his
earlier posts to paleofood, Dr Bernarr is another subscriber whose
messages I must approve before they go to the list. I do not censor
content just on-topic-ness, flaming and format.

> I have recieved excellent results from Chiropractic manipulation,
> from improved balance to cessation of chronic pain. If any
> practicioner spoke to me like this Dr. Bernarr I would have turned
> him into the State Licensing Board with a request for investigation
> into his credentials.

Every doctor is in that situation. You can always say no to any
doctor.

> Anna is very correct with her rapid (rabid?) reply. Too many
> unsuspecting souls are taken in by the Dr. Bernarrs of the world and
> I suspect you're one of them.

I don't think that I have been taken in. I have seen other who have
done well with his treatment as well as myself.  He has a wonderful
gentle touch that allows pain to go away. He is a very SANE,
inteligent man.