From:
Alison Ashwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jul 2001 10:54:16 +0200
Thomas Seay wrote:
>   Dont you think that
> there are limits imposed upon your bodies and after a
> certain point diet changes make no differences?(In
> other words a plateau).

I have been about 175lbs now for well over a year , however my body fat
% is gradually improving so I am now about 25.5% down from well over 46%
[46 was the first time I checked after losing for about 6 weeks]
I don't really think my weight will reduce much - I am a very muscular
woman and I find it very easy to gain muscle but my body fat percentage
will probably get a little lower as time goes on.

 I am wondering if after finding a
> diet that is generally good for you, if it might not
> be a good idea to just stick with that and not spend
> all of your time chasing after the dream of the
> perfect (down to the last detail) diet.

many people started on this path from multiple health problems so
refining our diets may well make a difference.

> One might also wonder what effect, if any, this
> fastidiousness towards diet has on your social life,
> and if that harm might be greater than the benefit of
> "the perfect diet".

My social life is fine - I often eat before we go out if I don't know
what will be served. I take nuts and water with me if I will be out for
a while.
Eating this way has improved my life markedly and I don't 'cheat' since
that ultimately affects my health.

Alison