Date:
Wed, 2 Dec 1998 21:55:01 -0500
Todd Moody wrote:
> Yes, again we have to recognize that there is little reason to
> believe that a "typical" paleodiet is/was ketogenic.
> Furthermore, while ketosis may slow the growth of some tumors
> (not all tumors) I am not aware of any evidence that it cures
> them.
I remember doing a lot of searches on medline about this when
my friends uncle was dying from cancer. We came up with some
articles that showed lowcarb diets actually cured some cancers.
But those were very few. Many that showed slowing down, as you've
said. And at least one showed accelerated cancer growth (was brain
cancer of some sort, don't remember which).

Ilya