Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 07:54:31 -0700
Many of our kids on the Autism list have low thyroid levels from their
medical treatments, esp antibiotics, which create candida overgrowth, which
then can affect thyroid levels, also some say our kids have and autoimmune
problem either from shots or antibiotics.

My question is, I am trying to keep my son as paleo as possible, on as much
raw as possible. I have stopped all antifungals (so far with no ill effects)
which I attribute to more raw and staying on paleo for so long.The raw
meat/fat seems to digest a lot better and  faster as well.

Can a natural  type approach,  almost all raw, help to regenerate the
thyroid on its own, or do our kids need to have this supplement? does anyone
know? Can a thyroid regenerate with time on its own, or is this permanent
damage?

I am giving him lots of sunbaths, less clothing, all I need now is a
loincloth!<grin>

Finally I have a question about school...is it more beneficial to keep him
home, with lots of sunshine and fresh air, exercise, etc than cooped up in a
toxic portable classroom? He goes to a good school and has  a nice aide, but
just wondering if he would recover better from this in a more paleo
lifestyle....(if only I had a hawk!!)

Also, how the heck would I send raw ground meat to school? They already
think I am a freak sending a paleo diet! The kids at school all eat
junk....every reward at school is candy or junk, he is left out of all this.

BTW, most socalled "autistic" symptoms are gone. The main symptoms I notice
(my husband claims to see none of course) are:

l. slow muscles....does not like to run much unless he has to, even then
can't run as fast as a "normal " child

2. has energy to get through the day but does not have bursts of energy,
would honestly prefer to lay around the house than go most places but once
you get going is usually ok but still slower than other kids in walking around

3. has less retention of things like math facts, subtraction, than a
"normal" child

4. less conversation of course than a child of the same age but understands
everything that is concrete

5. poor abstract thinking but can read at grade level

HBO can apparently recovere some brain cells killed by yeast/shots but am
wondering can the "sleeping" brain cells come alive on their own without HBO?