From:
Marishka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 May 2002 17:40:32 -0500
You are correct.  Vaishnavas, for instance, have been lacto-vegetarian for many
centuries.  They depend on the cow for milk which they turn into curds, yogurt,
butter and ghee, and use the cow dung for cooking fuel.  The oxen, of course,
are used for plowing their fields.  They have a very agricultural diet that
includes rice, wheat, dal, sugar, and various fruits and vegetables, in
addition to the dairy products.  They do not eat any eggs.

L'shalom,

Marishka