From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Nov 2002 06:13:45 -0500
On Thu, 28 Nov 2002 00:01:56 EST, Elizabeth Miller <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>First little problem - dietary intake of cholesterol has no impact on the
>level of cholesterol in your blood. If we look at two major long-term
>studies, Framingham and Tecumseh, it is clear that those who ate the most
>cholesterol had exactly the same level of cholesterol in their blood as
>those
>who ate the least cholesterol.

Ok, dietary cholesterol doesn't determine blood cholesterol.

But a high blood cholesterol *is* a *strong marker* for heart and artery
diseases.

So, if it's not the dietary intake of cholesterol, then there must be
annother culprit which elevates cholesterol to a dangerous level.
Or a culprit which elevates cholesterol and at the same time causes heart
disease by annother reason.

What is the factor that elevates cholesterol then, if it's not dietary
cholesterol?

After all, to answer this question correctly could lead to a remedy against
the cause of deaths, "Far more than the plague, every war ever fought, and
all plane, train and car crashes ever - all added together, then multiplied
by three."

What is your guess?
Could it be that blood cholesterol *is* determined by low percentages of
EFAs? Or high EFAs with a bad  omega-3 to omega-6 ratio does this?
(just what I suppose).

regards

Amadeus S.