From:
Geoffrey Purcell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Nov 2011 07:04:02 +0000
Actually, all Non-Africans are descended, partially, from Neanderthals, according to this study:-

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn18869-neanderthal-genome-reveals-interbreeding-with-humans.html

Given that various studies have, until very recently,  unequivocally claimed that humans did NOT interbreed with Neanderthals, it's clear that the science of DNA-sequencing etc. is still in its infancy, and we will no doubt  eventually find that the proportion of Neanderthal DNA is actually much higher in certain human populations.  There is also strong evidence that various human populations are (also)
descended directly from other types of archaic hominids/humans :-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denisova_hominin

(4-6 percent of Modern Melanesians' DNA comes from the above hominid, apparently. 1 percent of Southern Chinese DNA comes from the Denisovan hominids(who are seen as a sort of sister species to the Neanderthals re evolutionary development).

Also, this study :-

http://www.sciencemag.org/content/334/6052/89

shows that Denisovan and Neandertal archaic HLA types  were found to represent more than half the HLA alleles of modern Eurasians.

I am sure that once DNA analysis becomes more advanced over the next few centuries that we will find that all modern humans are descended from a very wide mixture of so-called "apemen"  "species", or now that we know better,  "hominid subspecies". The Out-Of-Africa theory never really made any sense to me, seeming more like a quasi-Creationist interpretation(the "African Eve" theory resembling the story of Adam and Eve in the Bible, for example). One of the 2 main tenets of the Out-Of-Africa theory has always been that modern humans never ever  interbred with any coexisting archaic humans as the latter were supposedly separate species - this has now proven to be false, and confirms that the multiregional hypothesis was dead right on this issue.  The multiregional hypothesis claims that intermixture between hominid types occurred all the time, all over the globe, for up to 2 million years before the arbitrary 50,000 year figure given by the Out-of-Africa theory.

Geoff

Geoff

Ray  Audette:-