From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 11:04:49 MDT
Irene posted:

>You know, the truth *is* in the medical books, just that no one looks at
>it.
>They know.... (long list). But no one seems to be putting all this
>together.

Atkins, EadesX2, Sears, Audette, etc. HAVE put all this together and Cordain
soon will, but 99.9% of America's MDs still think its hooey and the
aforementioned are veritable witch doctors.  Why? The previously mentioned
'in-the-pocket-of-the-fill-in-the-blank-industry' phenomenon is clearly in
the mix.  So's the lame-ass USDA food pyramid.  As in, the pyramid is one
reason doctors can't accept carb restriction and the pyramid is obviously
influenced by industry.  Proof?  Don't have it.  But I also can't quote the
theory of gravity and I know if I jump off a bridge, I'll fall.

Irene also posted...

>I have a friend who works out and considers himself to be in great >shape
>for 40 years old. When I told him about paleo, he thought I was >nuts.  I
>sent him the link to your photo gallery.  He's buying >NeanderThin this
>weekend.

You GO, cavegirl!

Dori Zook
Denver, CO