From:
LIFE F0RCE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Apr 1998 20:33:55 EDT
Mary:
<< What do you recommend eating for leaky gut? >>

<< Which nuts and/or nut butters would be the least toxic? I like the almond
butter and my son likes hazelnut butter. Would these be toxic? Please say no!

Liza:
These are not professional recommendations (I can't do that, for insurance
purposes), but is just some things you might experiment with for yourself, to
see if you notice any benefits.

1. Try blending your foods in a blender - especially raw fruits and fibrous
vegetables. You may not be able to absorb or digest solid foods at all.
2. You may need to stick with very easily digested foods such as vegetable
stews, apple sauce, things where the fiber has been broken down.
3. You probably need a complete reinoculation of 'friendly' bacteria in your
alimentary tract. Jerusalem artichokes have inulin and are excellent.
Homemade 'Rejuvelac' is a good source. Some lactobacteria supplements (very
few, but they exist) can help. High quality raw goat's milk kefir is a great
source, and goat's yogurt is good too. Miso and tempeh are good if you can
tolerate soy.
4. Try baby-foods, if you want. Read the labels, but some can be a good source
of digestible foods you might not otherwise be able to find in a form you can
digest.
5. Have you ever fasted? Fasting is the most aggressive, most reliable way to
clean up this problem, but knowing nothing about you, I certainly don't
suggest you dabble in this unless you have thought about it carefully, and so
it in the proper way, and make sure to pay most attention to the recuperation
time FOLLOWING the fast.  What you might also try is a juice diet for an
extended period. If you have leaky gut, it may be that you obly absorb
nutrients if they are in liquid form. A juice diet might give your system time
to heal, while providing some fuel for you to be able to carry on your daily
tasks.
6. There are a few good supplements available, made specifically for this
problem, comprised of rice protein and other compounds designed to provide
nutrients to help your body 'repair' the 'holes' in the 'screen'. Metagenics
makes something called 'Sustain' which is good.
7. Nuts are hard to digest for most people. Nut butters are easier, and soaked
or sprouted nuts are easier. Almonds are the best bet if you are concerned
about toxic residues.

OOOppps  - gotta run!!

Hope this helps.

Love Liza