Date:
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 17:06:35 EDT
In a message dated 9/24/02 11:51:46 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

>but the real gem is in the 1930s book by Weston Price himself:
>Nutrition and Physical Degeneration.  Set aside a few evenings and curl
>up
>with this book.  Look at the startling evidence in the photographs. A most
>rewarding read.

Couldn't agree with you more. His work at least allows us a glimpse into what
'healthy' human beings look like. Today our notions of health are largely
determined by 'average' measurements -- but by reading Price one quickly
realizes that our 'standards' are set low and no where near optimal. It
appears that we are measuring failure with the yardstick of catastrophe and
calling it health. I think Price's book should be required reading (mastery)
for every person in any way related to the so-called health field (especially
doctors, dentists, registered dietitians, etc.). I am in the nutrition field
-- unfortunately I have yet to meet any of the so-called
experts/prefessionals who've even heard of Price and his work. Even if they
read it -- I'm not sure it would compute.

Namaste, Liz
<A HREF="http://www.csun.edu/~ecm59556/Healthycarb/index.html">
http://www.csun.edu/~ecm59556/Healthycarb/index.html</A>