From:
Phosphor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Feb 2001 08:42:21 +0300

> GLA isn't related to our theme above (without d6d problems), but
> interesting. I never heard that it would be found in beef tallow

sorry my bungle. I was thinking of conjugated linoleic acid, a fat even more
interesting than GLA, with its anti-hyperinsulin and anti-carcinogenic
properties. if it wasnt found in meat it would be regarded with the same awe
as flax.

> Your answer reveals that you know of studies which show the correlation
> of CHD to SFA consumption.
> Please tell how you explain this.

Udo himself gives reasons, on pp325-35..if only he read his own book.
increase in transfatty acids in artificial vege oils
increase in white sugar consumption
decrease in Vit C

as he himelf says cholesterol cannot be a direct cause.

i would add:
glycation products from cooking at high temperatures and/or without water
wheat consumption
decrease in phytochemical consumption

Andrew