From:
Neil Timms <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Aug 2009 06:55:14 +0800
Belinda,

I keep mine in the freezer at home until I need it - I take it with me
to work or wherever and keep it in my day bag I have with me. If I'm
on a early start shift it will be my breakfast, or my dinner if I'm on
a late shift etc. I've eaten it this way sometimes three days after
taking it out of the freezer with no ill effect if I'm traveling - I
just take more sticks with me and work my way through them.  I
snip/bite/tear off one end of he tube and squeeze it out - even in
aircon temps it will defrost to squeezable in under an hour.

Planing to defrost first in the fridge would not work for me. I think
that it will last quite a while out of the freezer - is should last
weeks to years in theory

I have not tired of the flavor but that changes slightly between
batches anyway. For a quick defrost I put it in a pan of cold water to
be defrosted in 15 minutes or so. I think that Wellness suggest the
freezer to keep it solid. It is usually very soft by the time I eat
mine which is fine - easy to squeeze out the tube.

I don't have time to make Pemmican myself at the moment so I'm really
pleased that I could get it from Wellness ready to eat.

Cheers

Neil

--
Neil C Timms