From:
Dean Pistilli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Dec 2001 09:46:27 +1100
I agreee, it seems exclusion, especially from recently created
frankenstein foods (hydrogenated oils, white bread, sweets etc.) seems
to have to biggest effect.. rather than the idea of "add supplement x
and all will be fine".

Besides that, I feel there could be some truth to Lutz's theory that the
pancrease and hormonal system only secretes a certain amount of insulin
(and other carb related enzymes) daily.. (he states around 72g worth).
Eating the regular SAD diet or a high carb diet or over 200 etc. leaves
the body exhausted with no way to keep breaking down excess carb
intake.. thus leading to sickness and unbalance.

I actually got into the way of eating due to colitis.. and I noticed a
direct link between amount of carbs or even carb loaded meals versus low
carb days and meals with carbs which were balanced with proten / fat (to
stop insulin rushes)

dean.

>>Yes, but what MIGHT explain this is my own simple motto- "What you
DON'T eat
>>is more important to your health than what you DO eat." In other
words, those
>>Paleo eaters experiencing health benefits but not restricting
veg/fruit carbs
>>may be reaping those benefits by the exclusion of grains, rather than
carbs.