From:
Wally Ballou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 18:44:14 -0500
On Tue, 29 Jan 2002 17:51:48 -0400 matesz <[log in to unmask]> writes:

> (Thanks for speaking up, Don!!!)  I resisted the idea, very attached
> to my sea salt.  I was also exchanging e-mails with Loren Cordain,
> who made it clear that he considered salt a POISON,

I just can't accept this.  Salt is one of the basic "flavors" that we can
taste, and while the natural desire for saltiness may not be as strong
and compelling as our natural desire for "sweet," it seems completely
bizarre to consider it dangerous or foreign to the human diet.

As with many things, the amount pumped into virtually every processed
food (in various forms) could very well be unnatural and harmful, maybe
even the amounts used in ancient forms of meat preservation (still
probably better than death from starvation, or illness from spoilage).
We also know that under extreme conditions, a human can DIE from salt
depletion, so in small amounts to suit the natural attraction to
saltiness, it's impossible to accept that it's either non-paleo, or
poisonous.
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.