From:
Brenda Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jan 2009 21:55:16 -0800
I get that, I do.  I just am not in the habit of being offensive to people.  Except those freaking scammers, lol.  I appreciate you guys sticking up for me, but I was wrong and I admit that.  I don't think I am wrong, necessarily, for saying that to scammers, but for it to have been sent to the wrong place and the wrong person...yes, that was wrong.

Love,
A Very Tired Bren, once again.  The Bren who knows this is soooo off-topic, but I appreciate people being nice about it, seriously.  And now I think I am done with this unless I owe someone else an apology,  which I will do.

The primary use of language is to communicate.  I agree that someone's
ideal of "politically correct" communication should not in any way
define individual choices.  Speak as you see fit.  If your family,
religion, social group, or society has successfully placed you in their
"box", then limit your own speech to your "box" acceptable
speech.
Others have their limits and/or have had parts of their individuality
cut off in different ways by different forms of oppression and or
coercion as they were being raised.

I found the initial reply quite clear.  Saying nothing or saying
something like "Please don't post spam here" doesn't
commutate the same
message so the communication fails.  I think that people need to be
disabused of their propensity to assume that others have irrational
beliefs identical to theirs and that other people make the same
unexamined assumptions.

Steve