From:
Hans Kylberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Nov 1998 21:40:09 +0100
At 19:16 1998-11-01 -0600, you wrote:
>In the November issue of the Townsend Letter for Doctors and Patients there
>is a interesting interview with Loren Cordain.  Cordain makes some
>statements about grains that give an interesting perspective to some of the
>recent ideological debates on this list. Even though taken out of context
>Cordain's statements below nonetheless speak clearly for themselves:
>
>"Generally, most people do quite well healthwise on 2-3 servings of grain
>products per day".
>
>" Obviously, low to moderate amounts of cereal grains in the diet present
>little or no health problems to most people."

I do not doubt that most people can do on some grains, the only
problem,
as I have understood it is that I can not know in advance if I am one
of
those or not, and when I find out it may be too late. So I think it is
still a good idea to avoid grains totally. It would not be very
diplomatic
for a scientist to say in public that it is best to avoid grains
totally
in general, as this is impossible, and he would be regarded as an
extremist not to take into account. Its better to do it gently.

- Hans