From:
Rob Bartlett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Nov 2003 20:52:14 -0500
>The benefits of this oxygen food treatment are:
>Fruits, herbs and vegetables will keep longer
>The wilted will return to a fresh crispness
>Colors will restore (unless soaked longer than recommended times)
>Flavor and texture will be enhanced
>Meat, fish and foul will be tenderized
>Dangerous additives will have been removed.

Chlorine is a disinfectant and oxidizer; it does not add oxygen to food.
Besides, oxygen is a free radical that accelerates deterioration. I doubt
chlorine itself does anything for flavor, texture, tenderization or removal
of additives, metals or other chemical toxicants.

> After the soak, place food in a fresh water rinse for 5-10 minutes. The
> fresh
> water introduces new oxygen into the food.

No it doesn't.

Parcells portioned
> [the lemons] out
> and placed them in a freezer. For the next three years they were tested
for
> freshness and nutritional value in every class she taught. Through the
third
> year they retained their freshness, moisture, tartness and rivaled the
fresh
> lemons even in nutritional value.

I doubt it.

> Place a gallon jug full of potable water cleansed, tap, bottled,
> distilled or
> filtered  water in full-spectrum light (such as the sun) for at least 30
> minutes. The light will clean out most chemicals, pollutants and the
> germs found
> in our drinking water sources.

No it won't.  It may kill a few "germs" but is not an accepted means of
sanitizing water.  Boil for one minute or add a small amount of bleach and
let stand for 30 minutes.  Boiling kills bacteria, viruses, and parasites
such as cryptosporidium and giardia.  Chlorine may kill giardia if left in
the water long enough, but won't kill cryptosprodium.  Sunshine, boiling, or
chlorine treatments won't reduce chemical toxicants such as heavy metals
(ex. lead...) and pesticides.  Boiling, using an activated carbon filter,
and leaving water exposed to open air (especially if aerated) for a long
enough time will remove trihalomethanes (THMs; chlorine disinfection
by-products).  Long term exposure to THMs has been associated with an
increase in bladder and colon cancer.

> It also adds energy and life to water
> that has

Red flag. You know we they said that, that its more mysticism than science.

Rob