Date:
Fri, 20 Jan 2012 09:51:08 -0700
Robin > Who's right?  [about fat consumption]

Cordain is clearly wrong.  Clearly.  He may be showing either normal
human error, or what is more probable, he is cowtowing to the NIH or
other funding agencies.

Listen, I am reading what is in my mind the most revolutionary book on
the subject I've come across (and, yes, that includes Taubes
paradigm-shifting tome).  As _Neanderthin_ rocked my world when I was
given a copy by a friend in 1999, _The Art and Science of Low
Carbohydrate Living_ is rocking my world today.  PICK UP A COPY TODAY
AND DEVOUR IT.  It puts to bed forever any concerns about saturated
fat but, more than that, it does two things well:  1) It synthesizes
the science in a way that I've never seen in one source; and 2) it
really has a host of gems that are new to me.

Just one small example of one gem.  Do you experience fatigue when low
carbing, lack of energy?  The answer is salt.  Salt.  I've experienced
zero fatigue or headache on the highly restrictive low carb
experiement I began on Tuesday morning.  (I'm doing very well on that,
by the way.  More details later).

I would like to say that I've only had one objection to the entire
book, and as a Christian I may just be oversensitive to a subject so
near and dear to my heart.  But there is a small section that seems
awfully harsh towards Christianity, a section that focuses on the
prase "give us this day our daily bread."  I can understand the effort
to overcome cultural hurdles, but to me it's really odd that it's in
there at all.

But 99% of this book is simply revolutionary.  Read it.

http://www.amazon.com/Art-Science-Low-Carbohydrate-Living/dp/0983490708

Jim